The airport has excellent preconditions for the development of cargo transportation. Its strategic location in the heart of Europe on the north-south traffic link, the technical characteristics of the runway and easy accessibility of the airport coupled with the convenient transportation infrastructure connecting the road, rail and air services make Ostrava Leos Janacek Airport a partner in cargo transportation to be reckoned with.
The airport is located in an industrial area and in its vicinity
there are a large number of industrial parks and important business
establishments. Part of the
airport is a Free Zone and a logistics center which is under construction. The airport is easily accessible from the D1 Motorway or the R48 high-speed road.
Since April 2015 the airport has been linked to the rail corridor.
- Aircraft handling without dimension limits (including B747, An124, IL-76)
- Large dispatch area adjacent to the cargo terminal
- Terminal dimensions: 11,000 m2
- Direct access to the ramp
- All necessary cargo handling equipment available (including x-ray machine 145 x 180)
- Full cargo handling, customs clearance / IATA IMP standard / landside logistics
- Ramp handling: full handling for aircraft up to Boeing 747F
- Aircraft stand capacity: sufficient number of stands for handling and parking all types of aircraft, including 2 stands for B747 and 3 stands for B737
- Total storage capacity of 12,000 square meters
- Storage / cargo handling areas let